Our project in Egypt is called the Nile River School. It is based in a small hut in a village close to Cairo and functions as a kindergarten with after-school activities for children ages 3 to 14. Didi Anandarama, the project direct is in the process of constructing a building which will house the 30 children and hopefully the 60 children currently on the waiting list. The two teachers are both volunteers.
Aiming for self-sufficiency, the school works towards holistic education where the older children teach the smaller ones. Classes are tought in English, Arabic, arts and crafts and general life skills. The children also do daily yoga and mediation.
Click HERE to donate to the Nile River School
- Fence and gate for security (LE 6000)
- Electric poles and electric connection (LE 6000)
- Roofing for outdoors shade (LE 3000)
- Garden umbrellas for shade
- Gas stove with baking facility and big gas bottle
- Ceiling fan
- Tables, chairs and shelves (LE 3000)
- Trees and plants for the garden
- Volunteers to help teach Arabic, Maths etc.